- This event has passed.
Live Music Returns!
May 28, 2022, 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm$15
We are excited to announce the return of LIVE MUSIC starting with the May 28 dance! See below for details.
This month’s dances will be programmed, taught and prompted by caller Lea Smith, who, at 7:30 (immediately preceding the main dance at 8:00), will lead an introductory session for newcomers and old hands alike to learn (or refresh) basic ECD figures, including any featured in the evening’s dance program. No partner required; come as you are; if you can walk, you can dance.
Preceding the introductory ECD lesson, at 6:45 Lea Smith will lead Introduction to the Waltz, a 30-minute beginning waltz lesson. Advance registration required (see below). No partner needed. Please wear shoes that slide, not grip.
The Evening’s Events
- 6:45-7:15 Introduction to the Waltz, with Lea Smith ($5 separate admission)
- 7:30-8:00 Newcomer ECD instruction
- 8:00-10:00 English Country Dance
- Admission $15 per person (toward hall rental). Waltz lesson $5 additional.
The ever-changing public health situation requires that we do certain things differently than in the past, including the requirement to register in advance. Please review the following:
- Advance registration required (see below); capacity is limited.
- Must show proof of full vaccination, now defined as 14 days following the most recent booster for which you are eligible.
- Face coverings required at all times (except musicians while on stage). Acceptable face coverings include a cloth mask (of 2 or more layers of tightly woven cloth), but a hospital grade, or N95 type mask is preferred; bandanas and neck gaiters are not acceptable.
- Dances are fragrance-free. Please avoid all products not labeled “fragrance-free.”
- Bring your own cup or water bottle. No communal snack table; BYO treats.
After a dry spell that started in 2020, we’re excited to announce the return of LIVE MUSIC! Our beloved long-time house band, Take a Dance, looks forward to returning in full as soon as health safety logistics and protocols can be worked out to everyone’s satisfaction. This could be months down the road; we just don’t know. Meanwhile, we’re grateful that 3-4 stalwart members will be playing for us starting May 28.
Dances will continue as long as the public health situation allows, so the schedule is subject to change; scheduled dances may be cancelled.
How to Register in Advance (required)
To attend a dance, please contact Mary K Champagne no later than the Friday preceding the dance. (Clicking the above link will open a new, pre-addressed email to registration coordinator Mary K Champagne.)