- This event has passed.
Jun 25, 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm$15
LIVE MUSIC is back! Details below.
This month’s dances will be programmed, taught and prompted by caller Dan Kozloff, who, at 7:30 (immediately preceding the main dance at 8:00), will lead an introductory session for newcomers and old hands alike to learn (or refresh) basic ECD figures, including any featured in the evening’s dance program. No partner required; come as you are; if you can walk, you can dance.
Preceding the introductory ECD lesson, at 6:45 Lea Smith will lead Introduction to the Waltz, a 30-minute beginning waltz lesson. Advance registration required (see below). No partner needed. Please wear shoes that slide, not grip.
The Evening’s Events
- 6:45-7:15 Introduction to the Waltz, with Lea Smith ($5 separate admission)
- 7:30-8:00 Newcomer ECD instruction
- 8:00-10:00 English Country Dance
- Admission $15 per person (toward hall rental). Waltz lesson $5 additional.
The ever-changing public health situation requires that we do certain things differently than in the past, including the requirement to register in advance. Please review the following:
- Advance registration required (see below); capacity is limited.
- Must show proof of full vaccination, now defined as 14 days following second dose and any CDC-recommended booster for which you are date-eligible.
- Face coverings required at all times (except musicans while on stage). Acceptable face coverings include a cloth mask (of 2 or more layers of tightly woven cloth), but a hospital grade, or N95 type mask is preferred; bandanas and neck gaiters are not acceptable.
- Dances are fragrance-free. Please avoid all products not labeled “fragrance-free.”
- Bring your own cup or water bottle. No communal snack table; BYO treats.
After a dry spell that started in 2020, we’re excited to announce the return of LIVE MUSIC! Our beloved long-time house band, Take a Dance, looks forward to returning in full as soon as health safety logistics and protocols can be worked out to everyone’s satisfaction. This could be months down the road; we just don’t know. Meanwhile, we’re grateful that 3-4 stalwart members will be playing at monthly dances.
Dances will continue as long as the public health situation allows, so the schedule is subject to change; scheduled dances may be cancelled.
How to Register in Advance (required)
To attend a dance, please contact Mary K Champagne no later than the Friday preceding the dance. (Clicking the above link will open a new, pre-addressed email to registration coordinator Mary K Champagne.)