Jan 28, 2023, 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 7:00 pm on day Fourth of the month, happening 4 times
LIVE MUSIC is back! Details below.
This month’s dances will be programmed, taught and prompted by caller TBA, who, at 7:30 (immediately preceding the main dance at 8:00), will lead an introductory session for newcomers and old hands alike to learn (or refresh) basic ECD figures, including any featured in the evening’s dance program. No partner required; come as you are; if you can walk, you can dance. All dances will be taught and prompted.
Preceding the introductory ECD lesson, at 7:00 30-minutes of waltz music will be provided.
The Evening’s Events
- 7:00–7:30 Waltz to recorded music
- 7:30–8:00 Newcomer ECD instruction
- 8:00–10:00 English Country Dance
- Admission $15 per person (toward hall rental)
- Capacity is limited.
- Must show proof of full vaccination, now defined as 14 days following second dose and any CDC-recommended booster for which you are date-eligible.
- Face coverings required at all times (except musicians while on stage). Acceptable face coverings include a cloth mask (of 2 or more layers of tightly woven cloth), but a hospital grade, or N95 type mask is preferred; bandanas and neck gaiters are not acceptable.
- Dances are fragrance-free. Please avoid personal care products not labeled “fragrance-free.”
- Bring your own cup or water bottle. No communal snack table; BYO treats.
After a dry spell that started in 2020, we’re excited to announce the return of LIVE MUSIC! Our beloved long-time house band, Take a Dance, looks forward to returning in full when cicumstances allow. Meanwhile, a growing core group of band members provides great music at monthly dances.
Dances will continue as long as the public health situation allows, so the schedule is subject to change; scheduled dances may be cancelled.